To Kill A Mockingbird



It is quite a long period since the last time I spent my money on novel. Frankly, the last novel (or any English book, excluding the required textbook) that I bought is Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code. And it is more than 2 years ago.

I ‘accidentally’ bought the Harper Lee’s novel; To Kill A Mockingbird. My sole intention when I entered the KLCC’s Kinokuniya was the prequel of The Da Vinci Code; the Angels and Demons. Unfortunately the Kinokuniya’s lady told me the book with that title is out-of-stock. I can’t afford to wait. It will be such another long time for me to step my foot into place like this again. All of a sudden, I recalled another title, “Ah-ha! Better for me to find To Kill A Mockingbird as the substitute.”

A big thanks to the lady for helping me finding the book. I’ll give my full review on the book later. Anyway, this book was published in 1960. And the plot circles around racism and the life that take place in US. The story is derived from the responsibilities of a lawyer in defending his client, a black man with accusation of rape. Genre of the novel is concluded as gothic. More precise, a southern gothic novel. A film inspired by the novel later produced on 1962 with the same title.

P.S: I don’t really recommend ‘The Da Vinci Code’ and ‘Angels and Demons’ since the story is mainly about Christianity, cult and occult etc. For me it is just a fiction, and never got carried away with that kind of stuff.

0 comments: